View Single Post

Old 06-21-2018, 07:31 PM

Liked 594 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dump1567 View Post
First off, I'm not trying to offend anyone or ruffle any feathers. Everyone is free to carry whatever they wish or feel comfortable with. I worked with several cops over the years that only carried a J frame or .380 and no re-load for it.

I own 3 J frames and several other wheel guns. In fact, my house carry is a 5 shot S&W 340 in .38 spl (see below). It's light enough to wear tucked into the waistband of draw sting elastic waist shorts. I also have quick access to larger/higher capacity guns near by.

But with that said, when I go out into the world, I almost feel naked if I don't have at least 8 rounds in the gun (preferably 10 or more) & a re-load.

For those that just carry a 5 shot, why do you feel that's enough gun in today's crazy world? In most of the real life videos I've seen, 5 rounds just doesn't seem enough. Nor is there time for a reload. Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes, just trying to understand.

I used to feel the same way. My whole life I hated revolvers. I loved many autos since I was a kid, and never liked a revolver. As of about 2 years ago I started to like them a lot. It occurred to me that I've never in 36 years had to shoot anyone and I've never been robbed or assaulted and the chances of it are pretty slim. Yes it CAN happen so that's why I carry, but I feel perfectly confident with 5 and a couple speed strips. I feel it's not so much what you carry, but how you use it. If someone gets a gun on you before you get yours out, it's too late to grab your's without getting shot and if you get yours on the bad guy before they get theirs out, it's too late for them unless they want to get shot. Plenty of things CAN happen, but most likely 5 will be fine. Back up if I need them. I also believe in fate very very very strongly. I figure if 5 isn't enough and I end up dead, my time had come and regardless of HOW it happened, I'd have been dead anyway from a heart attack or whatever. If it's not my time, God will see me through the situation with what I have. Besides, I don't do much these days and I don't do dumb things like I used to so the chances of something happening are slim. Each of my 5 bullets can kill just as easily as the bad guys. I guess maybe I just don't worry about it that much. Nothing seriously bad has ever happened to me. I'm very very thankful for that, but if you believe in a higher power, whatever you call it, something has been looking out for me since the day I was born and I trust it. Many a sticky situations he got me out of so I just don't worry about it that much.

Last edited by Etalksalot; 06-25-2018 at 04:03 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: