View Single Post

Old 06-22-2018, 09:55 AM

Liked 3,126 Times in 1,326 Posts
Default Henry Steel .38/.357 carbine

I am considering a Henry Steel .38/.357 carbine (16.5"). No real reasons, except that I sold an unneeded (other brand) pistol for what I had in it (cash in pocket), and have more .357 revolvers and ammo than anyone will ever need. Not a special deal, but I have the money that will get lost in the abyss if I don't find a place for it.

I have some other more exotic long guns, but all will offend the latest run of antis in a state I may have to move to, and would not go with me.

Those who have read my posts know that I am very limited due to arthritis and bone loss, so larger calibers are out, and I've sold those off over time. I did see that Hickok45 had a bit of lever-handling trouble (not smooth) that would be much bigger for me.

I barely remember my lever gun as a kid, but I did like it. And it seems to be the last thing short of a single shot bolt action that will be in the crosshairs.

I've seen various posts from members about them. Just wondered if anyone has other downsides I might have missed.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: