View Single Post

Old 06-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Liked 657 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Make a choice: do you want to skate, or do you want to have a gun? You can be as good a skater as you want, you're rolling around with a bunch of morons who aren't.

Both options are fine. It's okay to not do a thing because you want to carry. That's called being responsible. It's also okay to not carry because you want to do a thing. That's called being practical. It's not like your gun guarantees your safety anyway. It's not even the most important tool in the box.

Leaving the gun in the car is, in my opinion, the worst of all possible solutions. Aside from the risk of car theft, you're unnecessarily handling the gun. Holstering/reholstering in the driver's seat is more or less asking for it. I think the risk of falling on the gun and injuring yourself, or dropping the gun on the rink, is far less than the risk created by unnecessary administrative gun handling inside a vehicle.

And, politely, while the Cloak Tuck 3.0 is a pretty decent holster for the money, it is about the last thing on Earth I'd want to attempt that maneuver with. I know, I own one. As it's a hybrid IWB, there's very little feedback when holstering. Cloak Tuck + car = a recipe for trigger guard intrusion.
Can you elaborate on why you don't like the 3.0 holster?
What feedback are you referring to when holstering?
Why are you worryed about trigger guard intrusion in a car?
I like the holster. I've never had any concerns about it being unsafe in any way. I have seen a video by the Active self protection guy where he totally bashed hybrid holsters. While I learned quite a bit from his videos, I don't agree with that particular one. I'm very confident with my Alien Gear holster.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited by Okie21; 06-22-2018 at 02:08 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: