View Single Post

Old 06-22-2018, 09:32 PM

Liked 45 Times in 9 Posts
Default So, I bought my first revolver...

EDIT: I just remembered this forum is for 1980's and newer, does this need to be moved to the forum for older revolvers?

As a follow up to the last thread I created, "Looking for my first revolver," I thought I'd share what I ultimately purchased. The first revolver I was going to purchase what a Model 19-5, but after some in the forum noticed that it looked like someone messed with the side plate and possibly reblued the cylinder and barrel I was a bit shy about the purchase. I still reached out to the guy, but he never responded... Missed a chance for a sale.

So I went looking on all the sites, until I found a Model 19-3 made in 1975 (according to the serial number) on gunbroker. The seller had an A+ rating with 3448 people leaving feedback. It's my first time using Gunbroker, so I am a bit nervous about it.

The final bid price was $656, but the seller charges $45 for shipping, plus a $30 FFL transfer, my final cost is looking to be $731.

I've included pics and the sellers description below. So... how'd I do?

Quote:
Seller's Description:
This is a very nice, lightly used 357 magnum revolver with a 4" barrel. Made b y Smith & Wesson when they still pinned barrels, it is a model 19-3. It is in very good condition showing only light finish wear. the action is very smooth, tight and in time. Bore and chambers are bright and clean. This is a gun you can do just about anything with, easy to carry, powerful enough to hunt, accurate enough to target shoot. The target grips are especially nice. there is an over travel stop installed. When you place a bid you agree to the terms. Please click on the Additional Terms of Sale tab and read before placing a bid or asking questions. If you do not agree to these terms please do not bid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M19-3 1.jpg (50.1 KB, 371 views)
File Type: jpg M19-3 2.jpg (52.5 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg M19-3 5.jpg (46.6 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg M19-3 6.jpg (37.5 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg M19-3 8.jpg (49.5 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by Sittinduck21; 06-22-2018 at 09:38 PM.
The Following 31 Users Like Post: