View Single Post

Old 06-23-2018, 10:05 AM

Liked 195 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARVOL View Post
At night in my house, I keep several lamps on during the night throughout several rooms. I don’t need a light on my home defense AR. There’s plenty of lamp light, I don’t want any clutter on it that I don’t need and I don’t want an intruder knowing where I am.

Am I wrong?
Seems to me you have it right, especially if your lights will enhance your view without making it clear to the intruder where you are. I mean, if you can see them, cannot they also see you?
Hallways, and I don't know if it applies in your case, are kind of like pinch zones, they restrict WHOEVER is using them a little, you or the others. Lights there might be a problem, depending on where located, you don't want to BE a silhouette but maybe have them be.
So no, it's my view (not quite worth 2 cents) that not having a light on your firearm isn't a bad thing, it's all about preference (yours) and a given situation.
On the other hand, if you could find a light that wouldn't be in the way on your defense tool, you'd still have the option of using it. Like the fire extinguisher, better to have it and not need it,,,,,,,,,,,,