View Single Post

Old 06-23-2018, 10:52 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,779 Times in 1,815 Posts
Default Pre-war 2" M&P w/ Mystery Markings! Update: Letter!

A very nice gentleman gave me this gun, and boy what a gun. I can't wait to get it lettered.

I've been after a true pre-war snub for a while now. I keep coming... close.

The gun on top is a Model of 1902 with a factory 2" barrel on it. Followed by a pre-war shipped/finished post war, then my new one(!), and another pre-war shipped/finished post war with upgraded fixed target sights (still a mystery who did that work)

The finish on these real pre-war guns is just so amazing. I love that this is a good shooter grade gun, I plan on doing some of that with it soon!

A couple glamour shots.

And here are the mystery markings.

At first I thought I saw P O A, but the more I look at it, and look at the orientation of the A (the only really clear marking), I think the 'P' is actually a U that was double stamped on there.

So I think that it says UOA or U something A

Opinions? Can anyone shed some light on the markings? Maybe the letter will clarify when I get it?

If you click on the images you should be able to make them very large if you need.

And for good measure, the frame, and a S/N that I know someone around here is going to want for some crazy database they happen to keep :

Update:

Last edited by Modified; 09-11-2018 at 11:10 AM.
The Following 84 Users Like Post:
-db-, 153, 1977cutcher, 2ndshift, 6518John, 824tsv, ABPOS, alaskavett, ancient-one, beagleye, bigolddave, bigwagon, Bobbysixkiller, bracebeemer, Breakaway500, BucknBronco, CelticSire, chiefdave, Cocked & Locked, Collects, crazyphil, Daisyman, DCWilson, DGT, goatsnguns, Goblin, Green Frog, Guero, H Richard, hardknocks, HKSmith, Hunter Keith, Indynick, j38, JayCeeNC, JH1951, JohnRippert, jsfricks, jw mathews, Kansasgunner, kld555, kwill1911, lawandorder, lawman445, Lee Barner, LEO918, les.b, LOBO, Lt JL, LT7d103, mbliss57, mclovinuga, Memphis, mikepriwer, model3sw, moosedog, Muddyboot, Muley Gil, M_conrad_0311, NovaJoe, P.W.Herman, papabyrd, paplinker, pawncop, plano, quinn, ringo1597, RKmesa, Russell Cottle, RWP123, S42N8, SDH, shouldazagged, sigp220.45, Southernboy, stu1ritter, Sverre, Tadeus67, THREEDFLYER, TNZ71, two-bit cowboy, usm1rifle, vytoland, Wiregrassguy