View Single Post

Old 06-23-2018, 04:39 PM

Liked 25,742 Times in 8,697 Posts

In the future, Roll Pins can commonly be purchased at most well stocked Hardware Stores. If you want a solid pin (as I personally prefer) I make one in a few minutes using a piece of Drill Rod.

If I am putting Ivory, Stag or exotic grips on a gun I MUCH prefer solid pins to the sharp and cheap Roll Pins. Worst case scenario if you do not have Drill Rod ( the stock that Drill Bits are made from ) sacrifice a drill bit. You can usually get a Number Drill to fit rather well and you can just cut the back end of it off with a Dremel Moto-tool. Works great!

I got myself a complete set of Drill Rod in pretty much every size available many years ago from a Machine Shop Supply Company that was going out of business. Don't recall what I paid but it wasn't much. I have been using the same set and cutting little pieces for pins off for 30+ years now. My supply is dwindling down and the last time I looked into buying a new set at the current prices I was aghast!

When my stock really gets too much lower I guess I'll have to pay the price or start cutting up Drill Bits
The Following User Likes This Post: