View Single Post

Old 06-24-2018, 11:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,202 Times in 438 Posts
Default That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Callahan View Post
I'm honestly pleasantly surprised to see so many folks agree with me here, guess I've just gotten so used to seeing wannabe experts on various forums who somehow feel qualified to dictate what everyone ought to carry with blatant disregard for circumstances/preferences which may render their arbitrary definition of the perfect, one-size-fits-all platform/caliber combination uncomfortable, unwieldy, or even utterly ineffective in the hands of folks other than themselves.

For example, my EDC is a Smith & Wesson manufactured Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP and my Home Defense firearm is a Taurus Judge Magnum, and boy oh boy have I ever gotten an earful on how poor of a choice I have made with that combination... Never mind that it works for me, it deviates too far from the status-quo in just about every camp/school of thought there is, and therefore it must be responded to with the utmost snobbery and even hostility.
I've heard it all and then some, yet it never ceases to leave me utterly bewildered. What is this odd obsession with attempting to force others to reconsider their choice of firearms? I seriously doubt that it was born of legitimate concern when the folks who do it are so needlessly rude/imposing on the matter, most often presented as a demand or even a threat-by-proxy rather than a simple suggestion, which is needless to say a terribly ineffective way to convince someone to reconsider their decision.
Just saying, "If you value your life then you should dump that pea-shooter and pick up a real man's gun like the one I carry!" or worse, "You must really hate yourself and your family if you carry that piece of junk." doesn't exactly make for a convincing argument, let alone a positive suggestion that one is likely to accept, yet you see stuff to that affect quite often on the internet.

Ah, but then again... I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that folks here are more laid back and friendly, seeing as Smith & Wesson isn't exactly in with the overcompensating, tacticool, Mall Ninja/Armchair Commando crowd, nor would I still be an active poster on these forums if the userbase was compromised of such *ahem* characters.
Ok Harry that's it I'm sending you a friend request.
The Following User Likes This Post: