View Single Post

Old 06-26-2018, 10:43 AM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post

Based on available statistics as well as common sense, the most likely scenario in which I would need to defend myself using a firearm will be at contact distances out to a few yards. In an extreme close-quarter scenario, the enclosed hammer revolver is simply more efficient. That's pretty much the case with everyone with perhaps very rare exceptions.

You could argue that everyone is in different circumstances, but where is the proof? Where in this country are people at high risk of getting into a ranged gunfight at all, let alone with multiple armed assailants? In contrast, the chance of contact distance or very close-quarter violence is relatively high and most of us will experience it some point in our lives.
I agree but ignoring the smaller % of situations where you will need more than 5-6rds seems short sighted when there is little to no downside carrying say a g26 as I usually do. Fwiw, failures in a sim gun are not the same as failures in a gun with live ammo.
You ate right, most of us over 50 are not practicing rolling on a mat with 20y olds. We are supposed to be wiser as we get older. Like work, its fighting smarter not harder as we get older.

Last edited by fredj338; 06-26-2018 at 10:45 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: