View Single Post

Old 06-26-2018, 08:59 PM

Liked 17,298 Times in 6,649 Posts

I use Lubriplate 105, but as you and others have pointed, out just about any quality grease will do.

I lube the same areas that you mention, but I probably use more on the frame rails and lugs than do you.

I put a dab on the front of the frame rails on each side. Once assembled I cycle the slide several times. Then I wipe any excess from the back end of the slide.

It seems to work as there is no appreciable wear on the frame. And, as we all know with an alloy frame 3rd Gen, the one part that is likely to wear from under lubrication is the one that we can't get a replacement for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
On an aluminum frame Smith, synthetic grease. Gun oil does not adhere well to the frame.

I use TW25b and have had no problems. Grease the rails, barrel lugs, bell mouth at the muzzle of the barrel and the barrel hood. Remember that a dab will do ya. If it is colored grease - white or red - and you can see it on the rails and barrel, you used too much. Wipe the excess off with a Q-tip.

When properly applied you should see a sheen where it was applied. But no streaks or globs. Hope this helps. Regards 18DAI