View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 04:08 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
So let me put it back in your court. Is there some specific ailment or perceived weakness you want to overcome? Some specific attack that you find most concerning? Maybe we can direct your efforts to a type of self study that will help you in these areas.
Interesting input, but I was making a different point, specifically to Mr. X.

He frequently makes two recommendations. 1) BJJ. 2) ECQC classes like Craig Douglas’s. I don’t think either of those are practical solutions for the over 60 crowd. Working backwards ...

Seen the videos from of Southnarc’s training classes. Not sure many people in my age demographic (mid-60’s) and older, even healthy ones, can sustain the level of physical contact in the Southnarc ECQC class just for training.

I’d say something similar about BJJ. To get a self defense benefit from BJJ, not just a fitness benefit, you gotta agressively roll. From the people I’m around in the over 60 demographic, they’re not going to do that without getting injured in training.

IMO, if you’re in the SSN crowd, you’re not going to be able to defend yourself for any length of time in a deadly hands-on attack from a 20 year old professional criminal. You have to be able to disengage very fast. You need to be able to hit first if possible, and when you hit, hit in a way that disables the BG bad enough to give yourself at least a couple seconds margin to either access your weapon or escape. Things like deep eye gouges and throat chops. Not seeing those practiced in the Southnarc videos or BJJ. Sort of dangerous for training, right?

Mister X frequently posts about the 1,000’s of attack videos he’s analyzed and the years of experience he has teaching ECQC. I’m not doubting him, but since he’s the one that keeps bringing it up, I’d just like him to share his wisdom as it relates to functional solutions for the over 60 crowd.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 06-27-2018 at 04:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: