View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

One thing I would suggest is that Rolling On The Ground 101, along with Advanced Glock 19 and AR/Plate Carrier Basics just aren't practically available to most folks.

Most folks really can't spare a weekend to travel away from home to take a class. Even fewer can justify the various costs--money, time, burdening their spouse for however long it takes, and so on. Sure, you can enroll in a local Jiu-Jitsu class, but how many instructors are interested in or qualified to teach fighting, as opposed to advancing the art form or a bit of fun exercise? And more importantly, as an uninitiated beginner, how are you supposed to tell the difference?

And even if everybody could afford to make it to one of these CCW Mini-Vacays--how many class spots are available, versus the number of gun carriers?

Learning to fight is good, no doubt about that (although I feel it's more useful as an alternative to deadly force, than as a wrastlin'-wit'-guns thing). But I think that lashing out against the people that don't is misplaced. I think I've mentioned this before--some gun folks use training as chips to attack and degrade other gun folks.

Last edited by Wise_A; 06-27-2018 at 06:09 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: