Thread: X-treme Bullets
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 09:23 AM

Liked 14,850 Times in 5,049 Posts

They made a plated bullet that is every bit as good as the finest bulk plated bullet ever offered (Berry's) and they managed to make theirs more attractive and shiny. They did that while offering fantastic prices and reliable shipping.

Then they expanded their product line by loading their own bullets in to used brass, selling a line of "reman" ammo. "Remanufactured", also known as "factory reloads."

This product line is absolutely suspect no matter what any one buyer's personal experience tells them. There have been far too many documented failures. One of my favorite was a box of 115gr 9mm where one of the loaded rounds was in a .380 cartridge case. I also recall (vividly!) when they debuted Freedom Munitions on the Xtreme website, they showed this sparkling bright picture of a pile of loaded ammo touting their new product and one quite visible round of ammo had an upside-down primer easily seen in the photo. Astute viewers hammered them on their Facebook page.

I have watched the decline in their customer service over the last 4 years. At the exact same time, powder coated slugs have really succeeded in the market and that must be eating some market share.

Some times we see history littered with good products that just couldn't be made to continue their success. Xtreme Bullets may end up being one of those.