View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 08:18 PM

Liked 1,509 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post
Keeps getting worse !!

Feds targeted 15 of the sewer rats from a gang called "THE BOMB SQUAD" in Peoria, Il yesterday early AM and was announced at 1 pm ..A 63 page Federal indictment .. violating RICO Act, drug distribution charges and were responsible for the death of 2 people at an off campus party near Bradly University ..

Also yesterday a 13 year old boy shot a 12 year old yesterday afternoon in Peoria .. the boy shot is in critical condition.. other info is being with held due to the ages of the two boys ..
This is terrible and I honestly feel bad and in a way concerned (even though I don’t know you) for the honest folk who, in various conditions and complexities of ‘life’, find yourselves in the condition where you must live on the brink of this kind of.... savagery. I don’t even know what to say besides - “keep yer powder dry, brothers.” I’ve lived and worked in Boston, MA. And in some seedy parts of it. The absolute WORST parts of it don’t even hold a candle. And as I get older, I wouldn’t even consider moving back there. Nor could I be so cavalier if I did. If I lived in the edge of some of these truly ROUGH places, to put it kindly, I wouldn’t leave the house without two high capacity nines shoulder strapped. Or a 9 and a short barreled 44. Or, somehow conceal a really short mossberg. Trench coat in July, whatever. I’m 6’4” and lanky, i’d find a way. That daily kind of low(ish) level ‘fear’ (for lack of a better word) must take its toll and grind on you. I’d have a hard time with that.