View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 10:28 PM

Liked 18,402 Times in 7,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Callahan View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, while the Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator, Polycase/Ruger ARX Inceptor, and other such bullets most certainly get impressive results in Ballistics Gel, I personally would hold off on using them until they become more commonplace.
If they are anywhere near as impressive as they appear to be, then it's only a matter of time before they're adopted by Military/Law Enforcement/Intelligence Agencies across the globe, the design is massively copied, JHP ammunition goes into decline, the prices become far more affordable, and any concern over their usage in self-defense becoming a liability in court due to their obscurity is gone.

I own a box of Polycase ARX Inceptors myself, and although I have been tempted to carry them due to their impressive results in Ballistics Gel tests and softer recoil, I have concerns about the possibility of having to shoot through barriers which may cause the bullets to break apart.
One of these days I'd like to take them out to the range along with some common types of barriers like an old wooden door, 2x4s, and if I could get my hands on a car door or windshield that would be great too, just to see how they would perform.
FWIW, here is a page with a (admittedly amateur) video where they shoot the 380 ARX into gel through plywood and through a 2x4.

Ruger .380 Auto ARX Ammunition – Clark Armory

Seemed to work really well. This ammo is light and FAST. 56 grains moving at over 1300fps. Very intriguing.

Last edited by BC38; 06-27-2018 at 10:53 PM.