View Single Post

Old 06-28-2018, 09:02 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Ziggy2525,
I didn't think you were disagreeing with me. This is just a subject that is near to my hear so I talk about it. What we're writing here is not just for us, but many who might read this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy2525 View Post
Absolutely, but being fit isn't the same as wrestling on the mat with a bad hip or a pacemaker.
Absolutely! I think that one reason most people avoid working/learning some empty hand skills is that they don't want to get down on the mat. As you know though, self-defense is far more than that. As I said before, if you're on the ground, things have already gone badly. Let's try to avoid going to the ground at all.

Then add bad joints, brittle bones, atrophied muscles, weak heart, etc., and you have a recipe for being a victim. Everyone with any kind of ailment like these needs to tailor their defensive technique to their ability. Maybe you don't need a cane, but carrying one isn't a bad idea. That's just one thought. However, don't stop there. Get some training with whatever tool you're carrying.

There is no dead horse here. We can't talk too much about self-defense and various techniques for same. The more we talk, the more scenarios we dream up, the better prepared we are for the unknown.