View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 03:03 PM

Liked 29,249 Times in 13,829 Posts
Default You know what you are talking about....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
I am new to reloading so maybe I don't know what i am talking about, but I always load on the LOW end, not the high. I'm putting a hole in paper, why waste more powder than I need to plus possibly ruin a gun? My data for Red Dot under a 158 grain LSWC .38 calls for 3.0-3.4 for regular .38, 3.8 for plus P. I load 3.1-3.2 max.

But yeah, check more than one source. Good thing you didnt fire that out of your 66.
And a lot of people would agree, but that's not always the case. I'm very much of an experimenter and like to try all kinds of bullets, powders and combinations. One thing I like about the old revolver cartridges is that they are so VERSATILE, which is why I have a .357. I stay within published limits and not take chances but I like the whole spectrum. My friend bought a big .44 mag and first I loaded .44 Special load. then a heavy .44 magnum load and then .44 special SWCs with a minimum of Titegroup.

It's like riding a big motorcycle. Some like the feeling of power and some like the feeling of controlling that power.

Last edited by rwsmith; 06-29-2018 at 03:05 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: