View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 09:41 PM

Liked 40 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVshooter View Post
Well I saw the video and thought it was hastily done and I haven't seen anything wrong with the pistol other than the fact the cylinder wasn't closed all the way.

I just duplicated the exact same thing right now on my 686. I closed the cylinder, but not all the way and left a 1/16" gap in the yoke and looked at it from above and from the front and it looked identical to the OP's first pics. Even identical to the one pic of what looks like a off centered cylinder when viewed from above.. Also, the guy is appearing to attempt to turn the cylinder by hand stating that the cylinder won't turn. but the thing is, S&W cylinders won't turn with the hammer down or back. They're locked in place by the Cylinder lock...

I'll be fair and give the OP benefit of the doubt and say that the ball detent in the yoke is sticking thus preventing the cylinder from closing all the way...
in the video i as just trying to convey it was locked in place. literally i cant open or close it. it will take a soft hammer to open it and i did not want to hurt it even more. i am aware that it shouldnt turn while in the condition you stated above although i didnt realize i said that in the video.. the cylinder is bent to the left too. i got an email saying it has been checked in and they are working on it. i have no doubt that they will make this right.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: