View Single Post

Old 06-30-2018, 02:24 PM
US Veteran

Liked 686 Times in 343 Posts

coons are a PIB. makes me laugh when i see coon prints on top of garbage can. used to use truck rubber bunji's to keep the lid closed, a bothersome in the winter. now wood 4x4's. had 29 koi fish last year, now have 1 koi left. coons will/ did tear up a cage trap, adj/ aligned the trap several times. they will chrew on the welded wire, until they break it, or there will be blood everywhere from the coon. after all the kois disappeared, kinda give up on trapping cooons. had another procedure done, so i slacked off the trapping. suggestion, best to trap them, dispose of the carcuss. in a trap usually coon will go to a corner when you approch, usually turn their head, exposeing back of neck and forehead. you can use a piece of plywood for backstop behind cage. Harbor Freight here doesn't sell the cages anymore. ^^^^^^ good advice in above threads. trapped several skunks, trick of getting rid of them w/ out getting sprayed, walk slowky towards trap, hold sheet in front of body, cover trap slowly, use nylon ties cut/ to release skunk. never wanted to put a skunk in the suv and take 6 miles away. a skunk can make a spray sound w/ out the actual spray . a wooshing sound. this was while trapping the coons. have to keep trap off the ground, so not to allow the skunks in the trap. everyone have a great safe weekend w/ family and friends. rich
The Following User Likes This Post: