View Single Post

Old 06-30-2018, 04:21 PM

Liked 7,366 Times in 2,508 Posts

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone has, opinions being what they are, you're just more likely to receive criticism if you don't carry something popular.

I carry a Smith & Wesson manufactured Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP, so obviously I've heard quite a bit of criticism... It's too heavy, it's an obsolete design, .380 ACP is too weak, the ammo capacity is too low, S&W PPKs are unreliable, etc.
Personally, I don't care what other people think of what I carry because I'm not carrying for their approval, nor am I arrogant enough to presume that I am qualified to be instructing others on the subject. Besides, I don't subscribe to the one-size-fits-all mentality and respect that people are individuals, ergo there are a multitude of variables in play which prevent the majority of people from being able to shoot the same firearm just as well as everyone else around them.

I say carry that which you are most proficient with and feel the most confident with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyt1953 View Post
I wish someone would tell me which is the coolest carry gun so I can hang out with the hip crowd.
There is no exact firearm, but you can come close by carrying something in the following configuration...

a.) Polymer Framed
b.) Striker-Fired
c.) Chambered in 9mm Luger
d.) Bonus points if it is currently in service by the Military or Law Enforcement

That's what's in style right now.

Last edited by Echo40; 06-30-2018 at 04:27 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: