View Single Post

Old 06-30-2018, 08:29 PM

Liked 4,190 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Really? So if you had a choice you would go 5 shot snub vs a 12ga?
... Incidents like this should give all of us that ccw pause & evaluate what & how we carry & how much training, practice & what our skill level is. This was not a punk mugger but stone cold killer. I doubt he would have been chased off by a couple rounds coming his way. He had a purpose & was going to go thru with it. These are the 1% predators that require a more serious approach to EDC imo. yes small %, but not to the 5 dead.
Fred, IMHO, a 38 snub would be a more than adequate response to a long arm, provided that the user is proficient. Do you practice much beyond the mythical 7 yard zone of engagement in the typical SD scenario? How far have you stretched a shot with your chosen SD arm? I tend to shoot NRA 2700 with a wheel gun and a 1911, and I have shot my snub at 25 and 50 yards. I can hit my target with it. I have also engaged life-size metallic silhouette targets out to 220 yards.

In my opinion, in a gunfight there is only one rule, have a gun! A gunfight is not a civil, social affair but a quest for survival. Because of that, I would engage a long arm equipped shooter with a snub nose revolver if that is all I had. I would rather die fighting than being slaughtered like a lamb!