View Single Post

Old 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN L View Post
I'm amazed! I remember when Academy used to sell them for $189. Almost bought one, just because they were cheap, but resisted. Then a couple of months later I saw them at a shop that had a special on them, either caliber, $169. Only reason I didn't buy one then, was I didn't have the extra cash available. I went back a few weeks later and all were gone. I agree, I hate the .40 cal too!
They are fine guns, good reliable and inexpensive. My current favorite is the Taurus Millennium G2C. A lot of gun for the money and a much better trigger pull than the aforementioned Smith. I know I'll probably get blasted, but don't knock em if you haven't tried one. Better features than the Glock in my opinion. Maybe not as rugged but fully serviceable!
I like those Taurus G2 s as well. My big beef is with taurus themselves. Seems like they get a winner and then dump it and come out with a new gun. Parts are a pain to track down as well.

Taurus has dumped a lot of solid guns the last few years. They even dumped the TCP and PT25 which were solid pocket autos. Now they replaced the TCP with the spectrum which has had all kinds of issues.

Smith and Wesson was smart with the SD9. They basically took the tried and true sigma, changed the looks, and told everyone it wasnt a Sigma anymore LOL.
The Following User Likes This Post: