View Single Post

Old 07-02-2018, 03:02 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostler View Post
"Slightly" more restrictive?????
MD is a shall issue state where you need to show a specific documented cause for them to even consider issuing a permit, Maryland calls it "good and substantial reason".
There are about 17000 permit holders in a state of 6 million residents. (roughly 0.4% of the population).
Florida has 1.8 million permit holders with a population of about 20 million. (roughly 10% of the population).
The vast majority of those 17000 Maryland permits are restricted to specific places and times the permit holder can carry such as to and from the bank or a business, or after your life has specifically been threatened.
My point is, FL and MD have absolutely nothing in common as far as the issuance of permits goes. I know what I'm talking about here because I work in and live on the border of MD, I currently have a PA permit, a FL permit and I have applied for a MD permit which was returned (denied) because I didn't meet the "good and substantial reason" clause.

In practice, one stands a better chance of getting a permit in New York or CA than they do in MD.
That is MAY issue, just like Kalif. Fortunately the county sherrifs or larger city PC are in charge of issue with state guide lines. So we have about 110,000 permits in a state of 39 1/2M. That & sanctuary cities could be why our violent crime is so high.