View Single Post

Old 07-02-2018, 04:50 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
For entertainment, search the web and take note of how many "accidental" discharges - by well trained people no less - have happened with Glock as opposed to late model revolvers. It will give your post a whole different meaning.
I felt bad for the officer giving a demonstration while reholstering his Glock during a classroom visit. But I instantly think of this exact video as the quintessential "Glock Leg" definition.

I carried a G27 for 5 years, every day. Then an M&P40c (sans the safety) for the next 5 years before I got turned onto the wonderful CZ "P-01" and "SP-01" series... both decocker models. I carry the P-01 for when I'm at my downtown Atlanta office in an area the FBI stats say you have a 1 in 11 chance of being a victim of violent crime. Real Estate... who woulda thought? Around home in the suburbs and in the woods it's 3" 629 (now the wife's) or more recently a 3" M29. Just don't wear clothing or jackets with draw strings attached to zippers. Finger placement during the draw and holstering is paramount; of which we all know; or at least should know... But you are right... Cops and Civi's have been carrying without safeties for centuries!
The Following User Likes This Post: