Thread: Woods Revolver
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Liked 658 Times in 340 Posts

Having spent a lot of time in the DEEP woods of Maine over 50 years,I carried a Ruger Blackhawk 41 mag or 44 mag. with wood grips. I have: 1. Run into a hunter while deer hunting that thought I was a deer or something and froze looking at me for about what seemed to be an eternity.
I remember as though it was yesterday (And it was 40+ years ago) that if he raised his rifle I would have to shoot him. I was wearing the proper hunting colors and was talking to him, but he just stood there motionless and looking at me. ( Buck fever? ).finally he snaped out of it and went on his way. I went in the opposite direction.
2. Going down Mt Washington and having a full grown mountain lion running about 50 feet from me chasing a rabbit.
3. Deer hunting in Maine and crossing the path of a full grown black bear that had been killing cattle on a nearby farm. I was close enough the hair on the back of my neck stood up.(hunters that go after dangerous game know what I am talking about). And I could go on.

My point or more to yours, You want a handgun that can deal with any of the above experiences that could have turned ugly really fast! A gun and caliber that puts the danger to your life down quickly. I have owned a lot of handguns and rifles over the years and prefer cold steel blued guns to stainless. IMO they are more accurate.
There are some good suggestions on this post. Good luck on your qwest!

Be SAFE and shoot often!

Last edited by Execpro; 07-20-2018 at 11:22 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: