View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Liked 6,615 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
But I lnow you ate the exception, you actually practice, most do not, not leo or ccw.
Dunno about being the exception, but that's how I was when it came to my pursuit of the martial arts, as well.

Admittedly, I was usually the firearms instructor who wanted to spend the most time downrange getting trigger time, too. Same way I was always looking to get in some extra training time in the arts, and trying new arts and techniques as a younger practitioner.

What's the point of being an instructor if you're not going to use it to continually work to improve yourself, right? Of course, I also knew my share of instructors who didn't necessarily like to shoot in front of either line staff or other instructors, meaning unless forced to do so, and who didn't often jump at the chance to get in some extra training. (Well, I knew their "counterparts" in the earlier days when I earned my membership dues in a dojo by being an instructor 5 hours a day/night, 3 days a week. Not every instructor liked to demonstrate their skills in front of others.)

Last edited by Fastbolt; 07-03-2018 at 01:42 PM.