View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Liked 7,389 Times in 2,512 Posts

Honestly, does it really matter?

In my experience, reliability/function seem to vary between individual firearms, which is most often in turn a reflection of the firearm's owner and the amount of diligence they demonstrate towards their firearm, ergo you can have 2 of the same firearm from the same lot function differently just because one of them is shot/cleaned more often.
Furthermore, there are a number of different variables at play which can cause or otherwise contribute towards the malfunction/failure of a firearm, many of which are liable to be more or less problematic between semiautomatic pistols and Revolvers, ergo the performance of either type of firearm can be highly situational.

Personally, I think that as long as the firearm is reliable enough to function when needed, then questions in concern to that which is "more reliable" are completely irrelevant, serving as little more than juvenile schoolyard-esq "My dad could totally beat up your dad!" argument fodder. At least as far as civilians are concerned, anyway.

I like both Revolvers and Semiautomatic Pistols, use both of them for different purposes, and enjoy them both equally, so I don't have a personal stake in arguments in regards to which design is more reliable, but even if I did prefer one over the other in general, then I would still think that it's a silly argument.

Just carry whatever you like, as long as it functions reliable when properly cleaned/lubricated/maintained, then that's really all you have to worry about. Everything else is just a lot of "what-ifs" which nobody can ever be adequately prepare for because there are simply too many variables to consider without driving yourself crazy to the point that you are literally irrational/paranoid in your desperate struggle to prepare yourself for every dire situation your mind can possibly conjure and thus no longer capable of making any informed decision to begin with. The world is imperfect, mankind is imperfect, mankind's creations are imperfect, you are imperfect too, ergo their can be no such thing as perfect preparation/flawless execution, so you just gotta do the best that you can do with reasonable/realistic limitations in mind.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: