View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 05:51 PM

Liked 3,352 Times in 1,336 Posts

To answer the OP's initial question: No. He bought a lemon Colt 20+ years ago, which colored his opinion. Then, he saw a video of a Ruger revolver that had a malfunction. Case closed: revolvers are inferior to semi-autos.

Sorry, I respectfully disagree. I've been owning, shooting, and carrying both types for over 40 years. No firearm is free of risk of breakage or malfunction. Find the manual of arms that suits you best through trial. Use quality ammunition. Practice often to maintain skill and gain confidence in your defensive firearm. Inspect and maintain your firearm(s) regularly.

In my personal firearms history, I've had more "failures" with semi-autos than I've had with revolvers. The worst was a broken extractor on my duty carry Sig P229 after approximately 30k rounds fired. The rest were minor clearing issues that were quickly remedied, and would not have taken me out of the fight had I needed to defend myself. Nowadays, my most frequent off-property concealed carry is a Sig subcompact DAO P290RS 9mm, but my Smiths get carried around the homestead, and out in the woods. I like having a choice in firearm selection.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: