View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 05:55 PM

Liked 289 Times in 166 Posts

This is not a revolver versus Semi-Auto thread. The issue I did not convey well enough is that how a product is designed and manufactured results in a level of reliability. The features the product has as well as the processes used to make it will affect it's reliability and its meeting requirements.

I don't believe today's revolvers except for a few are designed and manufactured to the same standards as today's semi-autos.

The M&P revolver might be.

I have had both semi-autos and revolvers fail. I have had magazines drop their base plate spilling ammo at the range. I have had rifles and shotguns fail to cycle and fire in competition and even hunting. If you use guns enough they will fail. I have had new and old guns fail to work.

My point is I think you are more likely to get a semi-auto that if you calculate an MTBF or a calculation of whether it would fire reliably if carried for 5 years ASSUMING you maintain the gun the numbers for the Semi-Auto would be higher than we think.

I don't know how to make the calculations. The answer above was the closest I have found.

For my use I have decided to use Polymer semi-autos and J-Frame. They have worked the most for me.

Last edited by Practical; 07-03-2018 at 06:52 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: