View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 06:47 PM
US Veteran

Liked 159 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Maybe you don't intend for it to be bashing, but you come across as a bit condescending and as if you have the perspective that choosing to carry a snub revolver equals being lazy.

I choose to carry a snub because I think it's the most effective weapon for the most probable scenarios I'll encounter and how I intend to respond.

How exactly are you better trained and practice harder than most LEO's?
Unless the LEO works for an exceptionally progressive LE agency, the average cop is not really all that well trained. Most cops do their required range qualification and that's where it generally ends. Only about 25-30% of full time cops are really into guns and ammo. Back in the day, I have stood on the firing line at the range next to cops who couldn't even clear leather, because they didn't know how their clam-shell holster worked. There are many, many non-police types who are far better trained with firearms than most LEO's. (I will say however, that since 9-1-1, over-all firearms training for LEO's has apparently improved markedly over the years since.) But based on what I have seen/read in news articles, some cops are still woefully bad shots. Again, it seems to depend on how much the individual agencies emphasize firearms training.