Thread: Woods Revolver
View Single Post

Old 07-04-2018, 02:38 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sailor View Post
Everyone has different ideas regarding what is a "good" woods gun. Some guys actually do pack what they recommend. Some guys pack what they have available and it works for them. However, whenever I see this type of question answered I get the feeling that some guys have only seen the woods on TV.
Agreed! I wouldn't feel right recommending anything I hadn't personally carried or currently carry. Shame on those who do! But unfortunately I think the emboldened in blue is true more times than not...

As to the OP's question; I carry a 3" 629 loaded with .44Special Hard Cast from Underwood with a reload of .44Mag Hard Cast from the same manufacturer. In the woods its all about shot placement so I don't care to carry any kind of Hollow Point(s), just heavy for caliber, "Keith" hard cast pills. The last 6 months my Woods Gun has been pulling double duty and carried on nightly dog walks and around town but with .44Special Gold Dots. I'm a firm believer in carrying what you practice with. I recently got a 3" M29 that's becoming my favorite and fits in the same holster as my M629.

Before January I carried a 4" barreled 625 with .45Super Keith Hard Casts from Buffalo Bore. Proper holster and belt make carrying an "N" frame quite comfortable even on a big guy.
The Following User Likes This Post: