View Single Post

Old 07-04-2018, 04:40 PM

Liked 6,021 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
Hah. You funny NZ coppers and your crazy ideas about guns.

I'd also point out that in America, people buy expensive pieces of garbage all the time.

It is not just in America that people buy expensive pieces of junk. That is where “customer service” should come into the equation when buying.

I’m not entirely sure what “crazy idea” you are referring to.

Back when I was much younger I rode motorcycles as my primary mode of transport. My safety gears consisted of a cheap pair of pull on boots and a set of wet weather gear. My helmet was at the cheap end as were my gloves.

When, after 20 plus years not riding, I bought another bike I made sure I bought a good helmet, Kevlar reinforced jacket, leggings and gloves. Yes, wisdom does mostly) come with age and experience, it the salesman made sure I had decent ancillary equipment for my safety.

This forum is full of advise on numerous CCW threads about “dressing accordingly”. If I had been in the persons shoes that night and it was absolutely necessary to go to that bar armed I would have:

Worn shorts with belt loops and a decent belt.
Worn a suitable secure holster.
As a CCW holder (as is stated he was above) worn a long enough shirt to cover my gun.

Also I would not have become involved in a situation that did not concern me.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: