View Single Post

Old 07-04-2018, 04:40 PM

Liked 330 Times in 150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W Rover View Post

I hope I'm not too much of a chump for responding to this thread.
Not possible. See, it doesn't matter if this thread was started as SPAM for posts, trolling, etc. We can all still share our experiences and opinions. That's why forums exist. I read everything, apply what I've experience/learned, then decide what's best for ME. Hard to be a chump for doing that.

I think at the end of the day, everyone is looking to cover their *****.

IBM had very early commercial, "No one ever got fired for buying an IBM." Why? Because IBM had a reputation and if everything went to ****, no one could really fault a buyer for purchasing the IBM units in the first place.

Anyway, it's my guess that lots of folks are looking to have their safety net. So, after the transmission craps out on your Chevy, you can say, "See honey, most people online agree, the Chevy is the better truck!" Something like that. Of course, if you make the wrong choice in weapon, you might not get to say anything after a failure... Which brings me to another point.

We're talking about MBF - Mean Time Between Failure and statistical probability that a semi or revolver will fail. Well, if we're discussing the probability of a gun failing in a gunfight, then shouldn't we also apply the probability of being in a gunfight to begin with? So the probability of getting into a gunfight, then the probability of your gun failing, then the probability of it failing before you get off 3 rounds. Something like that.

Chance favors the prepared mind. The simple fact is your most reliable weapon is between your ears. Know your exits, look for other weapons, etc., know how to clear malfunctions, be prepared for a New York reload if the opportunity presents itself. I'm no expert, but my wife, who shoots a few different guns herself, can't fathom how I know to operate so many different firearms. it just comes with time I guess.

Last edited by josywales; 07-04-2018 at 06:50 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: