View Single Post

Old 07-04-2018, 06:56 PM

Liked 4,271 Times in 1,805 Posts

To answer the question posed in the post title: Barring objective and exhaustive testing or empirical evidence, the answer is an emphatic no.

As to your "decision": I hope you don't make a lot of decisions based on YouTube videos.

Assuming it's accurate and from a reliable source, out-of-spec ammo kills any and all arguments. An autoloader wouldn't function reliably with it, either. That cannot be blamed on the weapon design. If anything, revolvers are much less finicky about ammo. They don't care about bullet profile, or whether the load is hot enough to cycle the action.

If the rims were too thick, I would be more concerned if the revolver cylinder had closed. That would mean potentially sloppy headspace. Have fun with an autoloader that has excessive headspace.

Aside from all that, you'd be a damn fool to rely on a gun/ammo that you haven't thoroughly tested.

Your assertion that revolvers are "consumer grade" is pure speculation. You mean to tell me a Glock isn't consumer grade?

I could not care less what anyone chooses to carry, but I do object to categorical pronouncements based on speculation or anecdotal evidence.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: