View Single Post

Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 PM

Liked 1,159 Times in 387 Posts

My mind's made up now: Fix innards and the rear sight, keep the Herretts just cuz they were cheap, and maybe parkerize if I'm not comfortable I've got to all the rust. If I can get the elevation loose, I'm not even gonna change the blade, just leave it as is for some character. I forgot to mention that besides the carry up and push-off problems, when the hammer's down after pulling the trigger it's locked up pretty good. No perceptible fore/aft movement and just a hint of rotational play.

Thanks to gdogs and another member who PM'd me for the heads-up on the grips. I'm glad I didn't attack them with a rasp! Although everything I've seen in a quick search indicates that Sanderson's were only made of wood, and these look like plastic to me.

I was wondering about the history of this gun too, especially now that I found out that the grips were favorites of serious shooters and lawmen like Col. Askins.

daddy bear, I didn't mean to imply that troopers had it easy, just that they didn't have to worry so much about every ounce of gear that starts to weigh on you after a lot of walking. Most of us I'm sure know Bill Jordan called the 19 "a police officer's dream", but the N-Frame guns are a lot easier to shoot.

I'm also a fan of the sleeper theme, whether in cars or guns. I'm sure Rockatansky has the inherent precision for 1 1/2" groups at 25, I just need to get some new glasses, cuz despite my love for lasers on SD guns I ain't putting one on this puppy!