View Single Post

Old 07-05-2018, 03:49 PM

Liked 269 Times in 136 Posts
Default Gun or caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 824tsv View Post
Apparently you didn't read the whole sentence. It's not the pistol, it's the calibre (9mm)

Even the best bullseye pistols chambered in 9mm struggle to retain a 2" group at 25 yards. Your standard 9mm 1911 won't be seen on the shooting line of a bullseye event. I would class the Pro Series as a standard pistol.

Shooting a 1911 chambered in 9mm is very pleasant. They are soft shooting and fun to plink with, ammunition is fairly inexpensive. I have Colt Competition Model in 9mm. It's fun to shoot but it's not a bullseye pistol and I wouldn't expect bullseye accuracy from it.
824tsv:

In the above post you say it’s not the pistol it’s the caliber. When somebody later in the thread shows you an incredibly accurate 9 mm. You say well I was talking about the gun. So which is it? 9mms are inaccurate or 1911s are inaccurate? Because I don’t think either are inaccurate. I have a SW Pro 1911 in 9 mm. I don’t think it is inaccurate at all compared to any production gun. And it is easier to shoot accurately than many guns due to a heavy weight, excellent sights and the 9mm cartridge.