View Single Post

Old 07-05-2018, 05:20 PM

Liked 289 Times in 149 Posts

I've read a few posts which share my opinions on the matter (Posts 9, 11, 12, and others). I'm concerned about the initial post with "convincing" someone to get a CCW. For many people, male or female, getting a CCW is a big/major decision right there.

At this point, it may be enough to stop right there.

Depending on the state or locale, it may or may not be necessary to commit to a specific make/model/caliber. Choosing a specific carry-gun just adds to a person's time-money-stress. If a commitment to a specific handgun doesn't need to be selected up-front, then don't go there, yet.

If a specific handgun does need to be selected, perhaps just initially use something to pass any required qualification course. Some locales may have minimum caliber requirements, too.

The situation in this thread seems to be different from a female significant other who says, "I'm interested in guns, too. Help me get my CCW as it's something I decided I want. Secondly, I'm open to revolvers, semiautos, or both (some folks will already want a specific type and brand), and want to be as proficient as possible with this huge commitment, responsibility, and lifestyle change."

I'm wondering if the female is just saying yes to getting the CCW to avoid or end the discussion.