View Single Post

Old 07-05-2018, 06:41 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnrh View Post
Ok, I have the same problem with 231 and my 550 when loading 38's. I have to check EVERY case to make sure there is powder in it. Never found one that didn't have powder when I check them. I thought the powder was bridging in the drop tube but when I pay attention to every case it just wasn't happening. What I suspect happens is that I miss loading powder when something breaks my routine. Any break in my routine now I completely start over. I do this for every caliber now even though I never had a problem with any other round. Have no idea why it only happens on 38's but it did. A gremlin I'm sure.
Every guy that ever had a squib or a KB swears the powder charge was correct. It is almost impossible for W231 to bridge, it is spherical, feeds thru any measure.
We can only assume it was a 550, since te OP didn't offer that info. Very easy to not charge or dbl on a 550. You really have to be diligent with any loading system, even something automatic, you have to keep up with the powder charge, each & every time. If you can NOT see it, then you need a lock-out or cop die.