View Single Post

Old 07-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Liked 3,517 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBeagle View Post
I think that your $255 Highway Patrolman is excellent. Shoot it as is if functional or make it a project.

Here is my $300 Highway Patrolman. Bought this off a local forum. Met the seller in a West Charlotte Cracker Barrel parking lot. This thing was in good mechanical but terrible cosmetic condition. Light coating of fine surface rust but no real pitting. It was particularly bad on the backstrap. Likely had been carried outdoors in the rain.

I took it straight from the parking lot for a tear down, new bead blast blue finish, and had it round butted. The bead blast blue looks much like factory finish on some Model 28. Added some DX Factory Combat grips...and here it is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a Model 29 getting the same treatment right now. Found in a pawn shop and took a gamble. Mine was even spray painted black! After stripping the paint, it had too many pits to polish and blue correctly so I got out the worst ones and my gunsmith has it now. Hope it looks as good as yours when I get it back. If it does, I'll own a beauty with not a heck of a lot invested
The Following 4 Users Like Post: