View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 12:45 AM

Liked 90 Times in 34 Posts

I'm a woman with a CCW - I carry a 60 Pro or 640 Pro AIWB every time I leave the house. The few times my wardrobe won't allow for on body carry, I purse carry.

As a long time revolver shooter, carrying J frames was a simple choice. I shoot pistols also and racking the slide is not a problem. I obviously can't speak for your significant others, but for me, I love the simplicity of the revolver. The long, hard trigger pull is not an issue - I consider it an added safety feature.

In my opinion, a person (man or woman) should practice enough with their carry gun to become & stay proficient with it. Not just at 10 feet, but at 30 feet & beyond. To me, that takes the light weight guns out of consideration. My 640 Pro is probably as light as I would want to shoot. The extra 6 - 8 ounces on my belt are not noticeable, but you can bet I would notice the lack of those same ounces when on the range.

Starting a new shooter, whether man or woman, on a 617 or 686 is a great idea. Once they have the basics down, they should be encouraged to try as many makes and models as possible (yes that includes semi-autos). Somewhere along the line, I would have them try one of the light weight guns, so they know what they would be dealing with if they decide to carry one.

A woman should always chose her own carry gun. She needs to be able to envision how it will fit into her wardrobe and lifestyle.

Just my two cents....
The Following 6 Users Like Post: