View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 06:25 AM

Liked 76 Times in 46 Posts

Really nice example you have there. This gun might be poked fun at, but it's part of American gun history. If I remember correctly, the Raven was devised by a man who wanted to provide a reliable small semi for self defense. It was NOT designed to be a criminal's favorite! Back in the 1970's, anti gun rhetoric was aimed at this gun similar to how the AR 15 is targeted today.

I have my father's Raven in its original box with the price tag showing $34.00 from the early 1970's. My dad was ill due to kidney disease. He was head-of-sales for a West Philadelphia kitchen design company. Often, he needed to visit areas at night in high crime areas and he was able to demonstrate his need carry a gun. PA was not a "shall-issue" State back then so the process to obtain a carry permit was difficult. I have his carry permit. I can remember standing out in our back yard watching my dad fire the first test shots at a piece of plywood leaning against our brick house and getting "bit" by the slide.

I bought a box of 25 ACP (expensive stuff!). I will say that the humble made-in-America "Saturday Night Special" shot pleasantly, reliably and POA-POI- PERFECT!

So anyway, thanks again for this topic and sharing pics of your your Raven. I think I'll go into the safe and pull out that box with my Dad's Raven just to look it over and maybe read up on the Raven's interesting history. I'll never part with it!

Last edited by rifmon; 07-06-2018 at 06:28 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: