View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 09:37 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Your post got me thinking, my wife and I purchased a pair of Tanfoglio GT 27 in 25 ACP,in 1990?? Consecutive SN#. Why? Because we did not own any 25 autos! So they have sat in the safe for the last 28 years in the boxes. Local gun shop had a sale going- about 75$ otd- I just checked a few sites that are offering used GT-27's for $175. For some reason I do not believe that my wife is going to switch from her Colt officer's with frame melt, night sights, Action done, Cerakote. I bought a pair of Short forties, consecutive back in 1993, ( 0573,0574) which they remain in the box, unfired, next to a consecutive pair of SS speed sixes, consecutive of course, NIB, of course- she said that she would not switch from a 45 ACP, and they looked nice and should remain unfired. So I bought a custom speed six, & a Shorty forty to carry. We tend to have 2 or more of everything since we have been together since 1986, married in 1991, we always bought a pair of what ever we were buying. Our only discrepancy was when she bought a Ruger Redhawk 44 5.5 for wet days, and a scoped 7.5 for sunny days, while I stayed with 629's. Still carry a 20 year old Sigma F and a pair of compact Sigma 40's that were prepared by a Smith armorer when I got them. I keep trying different MP's 9,40,357,45 but have not spent enough time to get the same skill level. She has tried them also but still goes back to the Colt. Just reminiscing, sorry for the departure. Be Safe,