View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 01:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,800 Times in 475 Posts
Default Check out this 3" .32 caliber (.32 S & W Long) I frame revolver....

About a year or so ago I had a chance to get a .32 caliber "I" frame revolver at a pawn shop, I passed on it as it was pretty worn. Not too long ago another found it's way into the same pawn shop, since it was priced reasonably ($300) I put it on layaway. Picked it up today.....

From what I can tell, and I may be wrong, it is a Post WW2 "I" frame revolver, no model markings, flat latch, serial number 635XXX. Diamond grips number to the revolver. 3" barrel, no screw in the trigger guard. Caliber .32 S&W Long. Some wear at the muzzle and some light freckling, but it locks up good and appears to have been shot very little. Like all pawn shop purchases, it was filthy dirty (no one pawns a clean gun), but it cleaned up nicely.

Anyone have an idea when it was made? If it is an "I" frame revolver, will if fit in a J frame holster?

The big reason I bought it is to experiment with .32 S&W Long hand loading. I have purchased four boxes of factory ammo to see how the revolver shoots, if it proves worthy I'll get some reloading dies and a bullet mold to make some cheap cast lead rounds.
The Following 18 Users Like Post: