View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 04:00 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 37,064 Times in 4,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
They could be. Several shops made that style in the past. Having purchased several vintage Herrett stocks in the past a characteristic of Herretts is that they fit the frame very well. I have never needed to fill in any frame to grip gaps on the eight or so Herrett grips I have owned. They all have fit snug on old Colt and S&W frames.

Herrett is still in business but only makes custom grips to order. Many of the grips on Fleabay are production grips made years ago. A benefit of the production grips is that the machined checkering is very sharp and good for target pistols. Herretts will also add checkering if you send in the grips.
As I said, i have had them for 50 years, and they were given to me, by a lawyer friend that took a shine to me. I was pumping gas in the summer of 68 before college, and he was a customer. I saw a shotgun in the back of his car and asked where he was going. He told me trapshooting, and then he took me a lot, and got me into it. i can't tell you how many 10's of thousands of dollars he ultimately cost me shooting trap. Still have my Perazzi and Ljutic custom stocked comp guns. I shoot for fun now. My eyes need more stationary targets now.

As I recall, they fit a 28-2 just fine. I am going to clean them up and refinish them. No chips or cracks, and nice dark aged walnut

Last edited by Narragansett; 07-06-2018 at 04:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: