View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 04:34 PM

Liked 6,613 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman10mm View Post
How about a 3 1/2" CS9.
3913LS slide on a CS9.
Just speaking as an owner of a CS9, 3913 and a 3913TSW, I'd not be interested in trying such a thing with my 3rd gen guns.

Looking at the pictures in the other post, you can see how there's an obvious gap between the rear of the slide's spring box and the front of the frame's dustcover.

What would bother me about this is that the rear of the slide's forward located rails (on the spring box area) aren't already engaged within the frame's forward rails.

The rear of the slide's spring box rails are going to have to move and "meet" the front of the frame's rails as live-fire occurs.

Granted, there's a guide rod body aligned in the slide's guide rod hole, but with generous tolerances I'd still be leery of possible repeated "slightly off center" impacts as the rear edges of the STEEL slide rails might be slamming against the front edges of the ALUMINUM frame rails. Aluminum tends not fare as well as steel when it comes to heavy impacts outside that envisioned by the engineers.

The front of the frame wasn't really intended to be subjected to that sort of high stress impact. The opposing rails were intended (designed) to already be aligned with each other and just slide alongside each other.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 07-06-2018 at 04:36 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: