View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 08:54 PM

Liked 1,824 Times in 742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I see it the complete opposite. Airweight J-frames are pretty cheap, nearly everyone can figure out how to operate one, no extra magazines to buy, low maintenance and they work. My elderly mother got her ccw and the instructor kept pushing her to get a Glock 26 despite never being to rack it and struggling to remember the steps to load and unload it, not to mention the high probability of malfunctions. She's safe and competent with her S&W 442.
Reread the OP's post and then reread my post, as you clearly have missed the point of both. Your own mother's experience has nothing to do with the topic. The OP admits to not having an extensive knowledge of guns in general, and revolvers in specific. That's OK, there is nothing wrong with that. My point is that you kind of have to fall into it...usually by shooting a friend or family members revolver . One cannot just wake up one morning and declare "I shall become a revolver devotee." Having experience by starting out my shooting career with pistols and then later on getting into revolvers (exclusively), I cannot honestly tell the OP that he/she is on the right path. The OP IIRC only owns one handgun and is going to carry this as a SD weapon. The OP has already indicated a familiarity and appreciation for semi-auto pistols...and a lack of knowledge of revolvers. Well...a couple old sayings apply here. First - if it ain't broke, don't fix it." And second - "If you have to ask, then it's probably not for you."

Last edited by 500SNW; 07-06-2018 at 08:56 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: