View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 09:00 PM

Liked 74 Times in 29 Posts

I think it is personal preference, kinda like Glock vs 1911, etc. Revolvers feel different, as the weight is more forward, are inherently more accurate (although I have a 10mm RIA 1911 that can compete with my S&W TRR8, who'd guess that?!). And of course as others noted they behave differently. Google your question and you'll get pages of responses and thoughts.

As for my thoughts? I love my revolvers. Especially my TRR8, 8 shot, moon clips-im almost as fast as a mag change with practice, under tail for IR light when night hunting and light for home defense, red dot, etc.

If you want a do it all gun? Cant beat a nice 357. You can cut your teeth on reloading from light 38 spl to big 357 mag, even cat sneeze loads for I your garage.... itll always "cycle". 357 is Great self defense, great hunting gun, accurate, low maintanence, easy to use, always goes banger even if neglected, etc. Autos, to me, are more pigeon holed in their function. Quick example, cant hunt with 9mm, but good defense. Can hunt with 10mm, but overkill on self defense. So if you want a gun that YOU can grow into, revolver all the way. Cause you can always make the gun do what YOU want it to do without it bitching about Steve pipes, not cycling, not feeding rounds, etc.

And trust me, you'll take it to the range, I'm currently working up to 100 yr shooting now, got 50 yds almost satisfactory. Most autos wont do that, and yes, this is with my 357. You wont get bored at all. And hey, if you only pull it out once a year, your still GTG.

Just my thoughts.