View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 07:18 AM

Liked 678 Times in 247 Posts

I love revolvers and for most of my six decades revolvers were cheaper to buy, cheaper to shoot and more reliable. This has changed. I taught pistol and coached a teenage steel team. We used S&W M&P's (full size) but several instructors owned M&P compacts. We put literally tens of thousands of rounds of 9mm down range every year with almost zero malfunctions, some years with absolutely zero malfunctions. A few kids had personally owned Glocks or Springfield Armory guns. Same story. This was true for huge boys with strong hands and arms and also true for tiny girls who probably weighed 90 pounds. Racking the slide was difficult for the weaker kids but they could be taught proper mechanics and do it safely. Slide racking might become an issue for the elderly, I have no experience there (though I am getting close myself).

22's are a different story, but modern 9mm semi autos are very reliable and have become cheaper than revolvers.

I still love revolvers. I have no wish to die, but we all die someday. I hope I'm found dead in the woods with a revolver on my belt. (Dead of a heart attack, I don't want to get eaten and then have people say, "He should have been carrying a bigger gun!")

Last edited by Pondoro; 07-07-2018 at 07:20 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: