View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 10:22 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,245 Times in 830 Posts

I have bought a bunch of firearms from this seller since they are in my neck of the woods. The staff, in person, are always pleasant and nice to meet. Items they sell on GB are usually in better condition than described in the auction. They will also allow you to come by and inspect items up for auction.

Most of the items they sell are LE trade-ins but some like this revolver was a consignment. I have a little background on this one by accident. A couple of weeks ago I went over to inspect a Model 57 they had at auction. Unfortunately, I did not win it. It belonged to a recent widow lady selling here deceased husband's guns. The code on the tag for this gun was the same as that one. It was another of the estate guns.

I do not know what type of training the revolver was used in. I do not know why wax bullets. I do know I checked some past obits and their was a former, years ago, track star at the University of Alabama who died in February with the same last name as on the gun tag. Maybe it was the same person. I do not know. Maybe he was a track coach and used the gun as a starter pistol. It is a far fetched "what if". I do know, there was no apparent harm done to the revolver.

I do save on FFL fees and shipping from this seller but have to pay 10% sales tax. So, I am really not at a competitive advantage. It is over a hundred mile round trip from my home.
The Following User Likes This Post: