View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 10:44 AM

Liked 4,960 Times in 1,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamarw View Post
Won this one on GunBroker today. I was able to pick it up since the seller's business is in my vicinity. Nothing like instant gratification. I was able to clean it and remove the racing stripes.

As the story goes the revolver was used as a training aid with some tough to remove red tape as shown in the first picture. With some acetone, finger nails and a wood toothpick the tape was removed without damage to the finish. The gun was used to shoot wax bullets per the description. There must be some truth to it since I also found out the cylinder chambers were lined with cylinder sleeves. The sleeves would not allow loading of either .38 Special or .357 Magnum rounds. After I figured out the issue, I was able push the sleeves out easily with a wood dowel.

It cleaned up nicely. I am a happy camper for well under six hundred bucks.

Here are the before and after pictures.
lamarw;

First of all I would like to compliment you on your rescue, and restoration of that Classic Mod.27. In my estimation the S&W Mod. 27 is the, "ultimate" classic revolver.

Secondly, A person that would pick, and subject a S&W Mod. 27 to that kind of idiotic, villainous abuse, should be punished by hanging them by one of their most precious body parts, "your Choice", and, slowly beat to death with wet pretzels. My 2¢ worth on the matter.

Chubbo
The Following User Likes This Post: